The Secret How to Decline a Donation Requests


A local charity had been following the successes of the town's most successful lawyer, but they had never gotten a donation. The major gifts manager contacted him to try to solicit a gift.

"Our research shows that you make over $750,000 per year, but don't give anything to charity. Would you consider a significant gift to help the community?" asked the fund-raiser.

The lawyer responded, "does your research also show that my elderly mother is quite ill and has medical bills far exceeding her assets and income?"

"Well, no," said the manager.

"Or does your research show that my brother was recently in a debilitating accident and is now unemployed?"

"Or that my sister's husband recently died after 10 years in the hospital leaving her penniless with three kids?"

The humiliated manager quietly said, "I had no idea."

"So," said the lawyer, "if I am not giving any money to them, why would I give any to you?"

Related Posts



No comments:

Popular Posts